Southeast Michigan Construction Academy Application
SEMCA offers its students job placement assistance; this does not guarantee employment. The Student Job List helps our unemployed students get their start in the construction industry and aids in putting their name out there for future employers. Please note that in order to be added to the student job list all SEMCA students must first submit a resume to Education@abcsemi.org
ABC SEMI and SEMCA does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship, loan programs or other school-administered programs.
The above information is requested for the use in apprenticeship statistical reporting, as requested by the Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training, and may not be otherwise disclosed without the express permission of the individual listed below. (Privacy Act of 1974 - P.L. 93-579)
We accept payment in the form of check, money order, Discover, Visa, American Express and Mastercard. Please make checks or money orders payable to “Construction Education Trust.” Checks and money orders can be mailed or delivered to 31800 Sherman Avenue, Madison Heights, MI 48071.
Go online to pay at abcsemi.org/constructionacademy/applyandpayonline
Questions regarding billing please email Billing@abcsemi.org
All refund requests must be submitted in writing. The tuition refund is solely based on the money received by the school after all application fees owed to the school are deducted. Refunds prior to the first class will result in a 100% refund of tuition only. After the first class, only 50% of tuition will be refunded. Thereafter all tuition and fees will be forfeited.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for payment of tuition.
- If an employer, family member, or other third-party payee agrees to pay my tuition, I will be responsible for giving the invoice to the person paying my tuition.
- If an employer, family member, or other third-party payee agrees to pay my tuition, then at any point ceases that payment, I will be responsible for any unpaid balances.
- I understand that if I drop the program I need to notify SEMCA in writing and I may still responsible for any unpaid tuition.
- I understand that tuition is due before an apprenticeship card can be signed by SEMCA staff and that tuition is NOT refundable after I receive my apprenticeship card.
- I understand that any false or misleading information furnished by me on this application or in connection with my application for apprenticeship may result in rejection of the application or termination from employment.
- I agree to contact the SEMCA office for changes in: my employment, address, email or cell#.
- I will notify the SEMCA office if I need an apprenticeship card.
- I understand that if I withdraw or do not achieve academic progress, I will be withdrawn from the Dept of Labor database.
- I agree to submit my workhours (OJT hours) on a regular basis, according to the directions I receive.
- I agree to check my email weekly for SEMCA notices, schedules, school closings and notes from my instructor.
- I agree to accept text messages from SEMCA (don’t worry-we’ll only send 1-2/month).
- I allow SEMCA to take and use my picture for educational/marketing purposes.
- I understand that this is not an application for employment and does not guarantee my placement into the apprenticeship program.
After submitting this application, all applicants must submit a copy of their driver’s license/state ID, Social Security card and high school diploma/transcripts/GED to Education@abcsemi.org